It is 12 days until Christmas today. My little girl has been singing ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’ for the past week and it got me thinking…
For the next twelve days I would love for you to join me in NOT TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED.
It is easy to take things for granted, things that are so common to our everyday living that we don’t even think about them. For the next twelve days I would challenge you to think about the everyday gifts you’ve been given.
Let’s start in the bathroom!
The lowliest of rooms in the house, and in my house, the smallest and in need of renovation!
1. Toilet Paper – in my former life I lived Indonesia for 6 weeks. 6 weeks in which we did not have ready access to toilet paper. The locals use water to cleanse themselves. We did manage to find some at a local store but it wasn’t exactly Charmin!! Even though my holder is located on the wall behind my right shoulder…I will be thankful!
2. Running water – so many people live without this simple luxury.
3. Hot water on command – I do not have to heat my water after walking a long ways to bring it home, I love hot water!!
4. The porcelain throne – my knees are a gift from my parents that I could have gone without! Squatting (ala Indonesia) doesn’t work so well anymore!
5. A closet full of towels and washcloths – while ours aren’t very coordinated and mostly raggedy, they do the job and I am thankful for them.
There are more things in there that I don’t want to take for granted but that is what I will list for now. These simple gifts simply because I live at this location for now.
Join me in NOT taking things for granted!